Gingerbread Donuts with Vanilla Gaze
recipe from A Kitchen Addiction
For the Donuts
- 1 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp molasses
- ⅓ C milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
For the Frosting
- 1 C confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- ½ tbsp + ½ tsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, molasses, vanilla extract, milk, and butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a corner cut off. Pipe batter into donut pan filling each cavity about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While donuts are cooling, stir together all ingredients for the frosting. You may need to add up to another ½ teaspoon of milk to reach desired consistency. Dip tops of donuts into glaze and return to wire rack. Top with sprinkles and allow glaze to harden before serving.
- Best served same day but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container.
Maple Glaze recipe from A Pinch of Yum
Next time I make these I'm going to go a little more heavy on the spices like I do with our gingerbread cookies. They were lacking the gingerbreadness that I love. The dough itself was perfect and moist.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! I will be taken some time off from the blog to spend the Holiday with extended family and my Husband. I will see you all right before the New Year! Don't fret you can also follow me on instagram (@fashionistanygirl) to see all my Holiday celebrations!