March 31, 2011
I just about died when I saw them but I'm not sure what the are thinking with the Benched shoe. They look uncomfortable and I'm not sure how this would even work. Where is the arch support?
Of course you can find these shoes over on Solestruck.com.
What do you guys think?
March 30, 2011
Below are some of my favorite looks for the gym this season:
SPORTS by poetofsorts featuring mesh athletic shoes
Set left to right: 1. American Apparel Unisex Flex Fleece Zip Hooide: $46 - americanapparel.net; Cotton On Crop Top: cottonon.com; Aeire Padded Low Impact Sports Bra: $25 - ae.com; Nike 6.0 TSYL Shorts: $32 - nike.com ; PUMA Fitness Bag: $40 - dsw.com; Nike Air Max+ 2011: $160 - nike.com; 2. Adidas Varsity Reversible Tank: $25 - footlocker.com; Forever21 French Terry Joggers: $11 - forever21.com; New Balance 890: $100 - footlocker.com; Nike Sami 3.0 Tote: $40 - zappos.com; 3. Cotton On Sweater: cottonon.com; Nike Graphic Racer Tee: $30 - nike.com; PUMA Big Cat Grip Bag: $35 - endless.com; PUMA Run Shorts: $35 - footlocker.com; PUMA Running Sneaker: $85 - endless.com
March 28, 2011
I can not get enough of these two colors. I had decided test them out for the spring so I bought Relvon's Coral, Berry Haute, and Raspberry. I can not get enough of these three colors. I was scared at first to see how this would turn out but it worked out well. Now if only the weather would match the spring mood I'm in.
March 26, 2011
If your lucky enough to live in around Venice, California you should stop by Nightcap's flagship store in Venice, 1225 Abbot Kinney Blvd. If not you can shop online on shopbop, Saks Fith Ave, and more (check out where you can find them here). I'm really loving the relaxed boho chic look they have going on. I especially love the white kimono shirt.
What do you think of their style/lookbook?
March 25, 2011
1. Do you think there is an incapability between feminism and a love for fashion?
I think you can still be a feminist and love fashion. Fashion is all about expressing who you are and as a woman why not express who you are through your clothes. Being a feminist is all about empowering yourself and I think clothes can really do that whether is expressing your sexuality through your clothing or expressing your individuality. Or rebeling against fashion trends...in the end it's still fashion and it's still clothes.
2. There is more to each of us than a love for fashion, how do you incorporate every aspect of yourself into your blog?
I like to incorporate my quarks and other things I like other then fashion. Whether it's baking (I am not the stay in the kitchen type but I do enjoy baking and craftying) or sharing a moment with my readers I try to incorporate a bit of myself in my post. I like to do outfit post but I also like talking about other things besides my outfits in that particular post, whether it's what I did that day so that my readers get an idea of how I spend my days or what I like to do or what is going on in my personal life, I want to share myself and life with them. If your a blogger I feel like you should be more personal and show another side of you besides just your love for fashion. Also I think Friend Friday is a good way to explore the depths of our in workings. To find out what we think about on different topics even if they revolve around fashion topics.
3. With the fashion industry still being a male-dominated profession, how do you think it would differ if women played a larger role?
Isn't most jobs still considered a "male-dominated profession?" And honestly when I think of the fashion biz sure I think of the male designers: Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, etc. but I also think of strong woman like Anna Wintour, Diane Von Furstenberg, Robbie Meyers, etc. I think these woman already play a large role in the fashion industry. You can't think of fashion without thinking of Vogue which then of course you think of Anna Wintour. I'm sure many people think of Anna Wintour as a "bitch" but I think in a world that is "male dominated" that you have to be a strong woman. That you need to know how to say No and put your foot down when needed otherwise where is it going to get you?
4. How is your self-image and the way you carry yourself informed by your beliefs?
I think woman should be independent, love themselves, and know who they really are. If you know who you are and love yourself then you won't care what other people think and you need to love yourself before anyone can ever love you. I try to carry myself as a strong independent woman, yes I have a bf, but I don't rely on him for everything. That is not how I was raised or do I believe how any woman should be raised. No man (or woman) makes you who you are and you don't need anyone to fulfill yourself. I carry myself with respect for my ownself. I never try to put myself down, no matter what.
5. Do you think clothing/makeup/hair helps communicate the truth about yourself or are those things superfluous add-ons?
I think clothes can help communicate who you are. I believe if your an individual then you'll have your individual style same with make-up and hair. Woman tend to hide behind their make-up but then there are woman who use it as an art, who individualize themselves through these things. I mean sure these can be add ons but it just depends on the person and the intend behind it. I like to think that my clothes, make up and hair helps defind my individuality.
March 22, 2011
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
I'm pretty sure I'm going to live in this H&M skirt all summer. When I was on my bathing suit hunt Saturday morning the boy and I took a detour to H&M, which was a bad idea and I ended up buying this skirt along with a shirt and shorts. This skirt is just like my black H&M button down skirt (which you can see here). The floral color is perfect and the buttons give it that added touch! This shirt was another one of my awesome finds at LF stores sale of the season. I'm really excited to see LF's spring lookbook! I took a look at their spring stuff while I was there last time and it all looks so amazing! Lots of pastels and bright colors. I'm sure they won't disappoint us with their lookbook. Also, coral lipstick for the spring/summer is here to stay! I decided that I wanted to buy a coral lipstick to give it a test run, so during my Rite Aid trip tonight I picked up the Revlon Coral (#080) Lipstick. I had to try it on as soon as I got home which and show you guys! But on a sad note...I had to toss these tights away because they were all ripped up but on the bright side I went to Urban Outfitters and bought 2 pairs of spring tights in replacement and they were on sale! So that was a total win. So all in all Tuesday at first wasn't looking so bright but after finding tights at UO and buying this coral lipstick today didn't turn out so bad.
Spring Bags by poetofsorts featuring satchel handbags
Top Row: Aldo Airth: $35 - aldoshoes.com; Aldo Cyphert: $45 - aldoshoes.com; Mango: mango.com; Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue Lady Satchel: $49 - urbanoutfitters.com;
Middle Row: Urban Outfitters Kimchi Printed Floral Backpack: $49 - urbanoutfitters.com; Zara Printed Handbag: $36 - zara.com; Zara Vintage Shoulder Bag: $50 - zara.com;
Bottom Row: Zara Fashion City Bag: $149 - zara.com; Date Night Leatherette Bag: $21 - forever21.com; ASOS Boxy Flat Lock Clutch: $26 - asos.com; Nasty Gal Half Moon Bag: $58 - shopnastygal.com
March 21, 2011
Photos from Heyoka Leather
BoHo by poetofsorts featuring flat shoes
Items in the set: Free People Crochet One Piece: $148 - freepeople.com; Crochet Vest: $89 - generalpants.com.au; Cream Feather Turquoise Charm Earrings: $13 - talullahtu.co.uk; Necklace Feathers Black: $35 - welikefashion.com; Dolce & Gabbana Lace up Sandals: $228 - theoutnet.com; Topshop Tan Fringe Hot Pants: $140 - topshop.com; Calypso St. Barth Tuby Bag: $250 - calypsostbarth.com
March 18, 2011
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Foxy Espadrilles
Since it's staying light out later this gives me and the bf an opportunity to go take pictures outside for once! Tonight we used his camera that I had bought him for Christmas three years ago. His obviously takes better photos then my point and shoot. We'll def. be taken advantage of the late light and his camera for sure. Anyway, it was 70 degrees today! Yes, 70! What a tease! But I've been waiting to wear this poncho and these Jeffrey Campbell's. I bought the poncho a couple of months back at Forever21 when it was on sale. So lucky! I also have the best mom in the world since she bought be these awesome JC's for Vday. That's how much she loves me. I must say I love hearing woman talk about my shoes. When I was in Starbucks today waiting for my drink I heard these two women behind me talking about my shoes and how they would never be able to wear them. They are intimidating but they just don't understand the power of JCs. I also love a woman who loves and understands heels. One of the woman in my office stopped me before I left to ask me where I got my shoes from because she was watching me walk in them and that they look comfortable, she's looking for a good high heel to wear to her bday party. Of course I strongly suggested JC. Love spreading the word around.
I can't be more happy that it's the weekend. To bad we are going back down to the 50s even though that's MUCH better then the 30s. Don't have any big plans this weekend besides going to get my taxes done and stopping at Topshop to see if I can find the bathing suit I found online.
Do you guys have any fun plans?
So far, what have been the 5 hardest blogging lessons you’ve learned
during this process and have helped make you a better blogger as a
1. Getting myself out there and making connections. I have learned if I want to get invited to events I have to ask such as runway shows. You have to not be scared to reach out and talk to people even if that means just shooting an email. Then maintaining that relationship with whomever you reached out too whether it's sending updated emails or keeping a relationship through Facebook. Connections are defiently important in this "business."
2. STOP COMPARING YOURSELF. Ok I'm still guilty of this but I try and stop myself from doing this: comparing myself to other "top bloggers." This is just so desconstructive. You need to find what your good at and make your blog yours. There is no use in comparing yourself to other blogs, it's good to get personal inspiration but you should never put yourself down it messes with your creativity. If your a blogger it's because you are creative and you should never put down your ownself and your creativity.
3. Finding my voice. As a writer we are always looking for our voice. I was a communication major in college so I already knew what my writing skills and my voice sounded like but how can I turn what I learned and now about myself into a blog. As I continue to write I continue to learn my own voice and feel comfortable with it.
4. The direction of my blog. In the beginning I new I wanted to do a fashion blog but I wasn't sure what that meant or what I should be doing. I also knew that I didn't just want to be a style blog and focus on photos but what should I write about, what's orginal about me that I could share? I found that sticking with certain features during the week like how I have my Inspiration Mondays and How to Steal the Style for Less will allow me to be creative and to write plus I would know that I would actually have something to post each week. I also learned that I wanted to write about things that excited me and that I wanted to share with my readers, I'm always interested in seeing other peoples opnions. I also like sharing my experiences with people even if that just means sharing a DIY project that I'll randomly do or a receipe that worked out well.
5. To Share Your Blog with Your Friends. I only had a few friends that new about my blog. I don't know where it was because I was scared of cristism or what it was but for some reason I was shy about sharing my blog. But I have learned that it is important to have that support behind you.
I still thinking I'm learning a lot about blogging and writting in general. Blogging has allowed me to experience a lot of things that I never thought I'd experience and I have met a lot of wonderful people through it. Every experience I've had and will continue to have is always a new learning tool for me.
How about you guys? What have been your hardest lessons that you have learned from blogging?
March 17, 2011
Set features items from: 1. Urban Outfitters Giant St. Patty's Day Goodie Mug: $12 - urbanoutfitters.com; Topshop Asymmetrical Bell Sleeve Blouse: $76 - topshop.com ; Topshop Plain Green Bow: $12 - topshop.com ; Topshop Nails in Hunting: $10 - topshop.com; Aeropastle Destructed Demin Shorts: $25 - aeropostale.com ; Ditsy Floral Print Tights: $13 - missselfridge.com Dorthy Perkins Mint Envelop Purse: $16 - dorothyperkins.com; Jeffrey Campbell Throwdown Wedge Bootie: $158 - shopnastygal.com
The boyfriend and I are celebrating by going to a local pub in the neighborhood after work. Nothing like Irish beer and yummy food!
How did you guys celebrate your St. Patrick's Day?