So far, what have been the 5 hardest blogging lessons you’ve learned
during this process and have helped make you a better blogger as a
1. Getting myself out there and making connections. I have learned if I want to get invited to events I have to ask such as runway shows. You have to not be scared to reach out and talk to people even if that means just shooting an email. Then maintaining that relationship with whomever you reached out too whether it's sending updated emails or keeping a relationship through Facebook. Connections are defiently important in this "business."
2. STOP COMPARING YOURSELF. Ok I'm still guilty of this but I try and stop myself from doing this: comparing myself to other "top bloggers." This is just so desconstructive. You need to find what your good at and make your blog yours. There is no use in comparing yourself to other blogs, it's good to get personal inspiration but you should never put yourself down it messes with your creativity. If your a blogger it's because you are creative and you should never put down your ownself and your creativity.
3. Finding my voice. As a writer we are always looking for our voice. I was a communication major in college so I already knew what my writing skills and my voice sounded like but how can I turn what I learned and now about myself into a blog. As I continue to write I continue to learn my own voice and feel comfortable with it.
4. The direction of my blog. In the beginning I new I wanted to do a fashion blog but I wasn't sure what that meant or what I should be doing. I also knew that I didn't just want to be a style blog and focus on photos but what should I write about, what's orginal about me that I could share? I found that sticking with certain features during the week like how I have my Inspiration Mondays and How to Steal the Style for Less will allow me to be creative and to write plus I would know that I would actually have something to post each week. I also learned that I wanted to write about things that excited me and that I wanted to share with my readers, I'm always interested in seeing other peoples opnions. I also like sharing my experiences with people even if that just means sharing a DIY project that I'll randomly do or a receipe that worked out well.
5. To Share Your Blog with Your Friends. I only had a few friends that new about my blog. I don't know where it was because I was scared of cristism or what it was but for some reason I was shy about sharing my blog. But I have learned that it is important to have that support behind you.
I still thinking I'm learning a lot about blogging and writting in general. Blogging has allowed me to experience a lot of things that I never thought I'd experience and I have met a lot of wonderful people through it. Every experience I've had and will continue to have is always a new learning tool for me.
How about you guys? What have been your hardest lessons that you have learned from blogging?