What you'll need:
- Embroidery Floss (12 set from Blick Art $5.99)
- Studs (bought mine from StudsandSpikes.com for $2.06 for the Standard English 77 cones bag of 50)
- Safety pin
- Something to pin your bracelet to like a pillow...your jeans that you are wearing...whatever is easiet for you so that it doesn't move when making your bracelet.
1. Start with friendship bracelet pattern. I started with a Chevron pattern bracelet. If you need a to learn how to make them I used this site...if you're more a visual person this video is also very helpful (there are a lot of sites out there trust me I had to look them all up to relearn how to make them). Make sure to pin down your bracelet to a working station. **Remember to measure out your bracelet as you go along to the size of your wrist**
2. Once you have your bracelet measured out tie the ends and cut the extra floss off...leave enough tail behind to be able to tie it around your wrist.
3. Before pushing your studs through figure out where you want to place them.
4. Once you figured out your placement start studding! Remember to push the backs in if you are using push pin ones.
VIOLA! You have a studded friendship bracelet.
Just an FYI this is probably something that won't take you one day to do unless you really sit down and do it OR have fast fingers. Making friendship bracelets is a great project to do while traveling, that's for sure!
What do you guys think of this DIY? Are you going to give it a try?