A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture on Instagram of this hairstyle then I did a outfit post with the same style (which you can read here) and on both I got a lot of compliments on it...and inquiries on how did it. So I thought it would be fun to do a hair tutorial on my double back braid.
I must thank Pintrest (follow me) for inspiring this hair-do. Not have I only been doing a lot of pinning for the wedding but also a lot of hair-dos that I like for the wedding. Okay okay okay my wedding is in like two years and we don't have a concrete date yet but yes I've trying to play around with different hairstyles, starting with ones that I had do myself. Hence, how this look came about.
all above photos taken by Brian Cavanaugh
- Garnier Fructis Hairspray
- Arrojo Hair Creme
- Bobby pins
- Bobby pins
- Elastic hair bans
1. Brush hair out removing all knots.
2. Use a hair creme (preferred product: Arrojo Hair Creme) to tame fly aways and flatten hair cuticles.
3. Separate your hair into two parts. Then pull hair into two ponytails, making one side higher then the other.
4. Braid both ponytails.
5. Starting with the higher ponytail wrap it behind your head. Make sure to fold in the ends of your braids, use a bobby pin to pin down the braid.
6. Secure your braid by placing bobby pins into the braid.
7. Taking the lower braid, wrap it around the back of your head below the top braid. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. Use hairspray to hold your look.