What you need...
- A box of Pumpkin Muffin Mix (I used Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread)
- whatever your box calls for
...for the glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (I went a little heavy on the cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
Steps for Glaze:
1. Combine confectioner sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract with two teaspoons of water. If you want a thicker glaze add in an extra tablespoon of water.
2. Mix until blended together.
3. Once your muffins are completely cooled, dip top parts of your muffins into your glaze mixture.
4. Once muffins are glazed, sit back and enjoy with a cup of coffee...or tea...or mimosa...
(for referenced recipe, please visit here)
all pictures taken by me
I love the idea of making a simple glaze for boxed muffins. It's such an easy and fun twist. It's great for those mornings that you want to make breakfast a little bit more special but you might not have the time for baking from scratch.
What do you think of a simple glaze for boxed muffins?