Friday, April 3, 2015
Foodie Friday: Avocado Toast
Sometimes the best eats are made with the simplest ingredients. Avocado toast is not only delicious and easy to make but a great post workout meal. Avocados are high in fat (GOOD FAT), vitamins B, K, and C, as well as potassium. For this recipe all you need are 5 ingredients!
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1 small lime
- whole wheat bread
1. Slice your avocado in half.
2. Scoop out the side with the pit into a bowl. Remove the pit.
3. Slice your lime in half. Squeeze half of the lime into the bowl with the avocado and add a dash of salt. Mash together.
4. Toast your bread.
5. Take the other half of your avocado and slice your avocado.
6. Once your bread is lightly toasted (or however you prefer you toast), spread the avocado mash over the toast, place sliced avocado on top, and sprinkle on some paprika.
Simple and tasty! The lime gives it some zest, while the paprika adds a bit of a smokey taste. I love that this is a quick and easy meal to make. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or just a post workout snack. For a healthy breakfast meal add a egg over easy on top!
Would you opt for this healthy meal after a workout?