Friday, January 30, 2015
Foodie Friday: Homemade Tortilla Chips
Hosting a Superbowl Party? Impress your guest with some fresh homemade Tortilla chips! These are quick and easy. And all you need are 3 ingredients...plus, your favorite salsas, guac, and of course beers. Because what kind of Superbowl Party would it be without beer?
- Package of Corn Tortillas
- Vegetable Oil
1. Heat the up a low frying pan, fill pan with vegetable oil so that the pan is completely coated.
2. Once your oil is heated, slowly and carely place on corn tortilla into the frying pan.
3. Leave it in the pan until edges brown, once brown use thongs to flip over and salt.
4. Once the other side is fried, place onto a plate covered in paper towel and salt again. Repeat steps for each tortilla. Depending on how many you are doing you might have to re-fill the pan with oil.
5. Enjoy with your favorite salsa or guac!
I made these chips for myself at home so I didn't cut them up before hand. I broke them apart after frying them up which gave them this rustic homemade feel. If you want a more precise tortilla chip just cut into fours before frying. The steps would remain the same.
These are also perfect to make into nachos. Place them on a cooking sheet and load them up with you favorites from beans to jalapeños to cheese and place into the oven until cheese is melted.
What are your favorite Superbowl snacks?