We are all stressed whether its from work, kids, personal situations, etc...why add dressing into the mix?Getting dressed shouldn't be stressful especially on the weekends when it's all about relaxing and enjoying your time. When it comes to getting dressed on the weekends I'm all about getting back to basics: basic top, my favorite denim jeans, and slip on shoes. You can still look chic while being dressed down. It's all about the key pieces like the slip on sneakers and basic wear.
Jacket: Zara | Top: H&M | Jeans: American Eagle | Sneakers: Peter Pilotto for Target | Clutch: Zara |
Knuckle Rings: c/o Hugssy.com | Sunglasses: Tobi.com
photos by Brian Cavanaugh
1. The Go-To Jacket. We all have our favorite coat or jacket hanging in our closet. Mine is my Zara "leather" motor jacket.
2. The Bag. Lets be honest, you shouldn't be carrying around a lot of things on the weekend. All you should need is your wallet, keys, cellphone, and of course lipstick! A small clutch or cross body bag should do the trick.
3. Basic Top. I love my basic wear. They can easily transit in your closet and be used to dress up or dress down a look. To add a chicness to your look do a printed top, like stripes or polka-dots. This adds a bit of interest to the look. Plus, these are classic prints.
4. Slip On Sneaks. I just picked up the Peter Pilotto for Target sneakers for only $29.99 which was the best decision ever! Slip on sneakers are perfect for the spring/summer months coming up. Slip them on with your favorite pair of jeans, shorts, skirts, or dresses. I fancy the sneakers that are printed. But I'm loving the chic twist that I've seen designers doing now with leather and calf-hair.
5. Favorite Jeans. It always goes back to your favorite pair of jeans. Whether they are boyfriend style or skinny jeans. I was happy that the weather was warm enough this weekend to wear my American Eagle ripped knee jeans, since these are one of my favorite pair of jeans in my closet.
Don't forget to top your look off with your favorite lipstick! My go to lip is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery. Red lips are ultimate chicness, but stick to your favorites. Lipsticks seriously pump up the volume in your look, plus they are a great confident booster.
What are your key pieces to stress free dressing?