FRIEND FRIDAY: LOCATION INFLUENCES
1. What part of the world do you blog from? (feel free to be as specific or as vague as you are comfortable with.)
I blog from NYC...(i guess both Manhattan and Brooklyn lol)
2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say?
The city is divided between "hipster...downtown chic" and "uptown classic chic." I think you get a little bit of both depending where you live. I def. have both those types of dressing my local neighborhood. We have the dowtown cool look...motorcycle boots, leather jackets, cut off jeans, and then we have the classic dressers suits, dresses.
Alexander Wang sleeveless top, £445
Vans cutoff shorts, $42
Jeffrey campbell heels, 1 695 SEK
Miu miu shoes, $670
Christian Louboutin shoulder handbag, $1,495
Alexander Wang shoulder strap handbag, $875
Ray-Ban wayfarer shades, £60
Nars Semi-Matte Lipstick, $30
Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pure Shine' Sheer Lipstick 035 Metallic Pink..., $30
Taxi Laser Die Cut, $4
STANFILL,SONNET New York Fashion, $41
New York City Map Poster, $24
3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold?
I think it's hard to "break the mold" in New York. I don't think anything really surprises people anymore in NYC. You have to be really far out there to "break the mold." But I like to go in between both the downtown and uptown chic looks. And even play around with mixing the two looks together.
4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve?
O yes. When I went Miami I wore bright colors...and almost nothing. When I went to California I wore of the "surfer girl" look. I def. think where you go influences what you are going to bring on your trip. I didn't want to be the "typical New Yorker" wearing all black and dark clothes in Miami.
5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be?
hmmm I think my style is still very New York but with a London influence.